Wednesday 27 June 2012

Dressing Up Box: Next Stylist Mummy Blogger Competition


Have you ever fancied creating a mood board? Now is your chance to do just that. Next is running a competition asking you to browse through their range of maternity clothes or clothes for kids and choose your fashion favourites.

Going through the website and picking outfits for my son Eddie reminded me of the favourite childhood games of dressing up dolls, hence the mood board above is named "Dressing Up Eddie".
Eddie loves clothes, he is a vain young man ideed.

For my mood board I was looking for clothes that would be suitable for our holiday in Cornwall as well as for our daily outings in the garden. Eddie is a very outdoorsy boy, he is happy to play outside for hours, it's almost impossible to convince him to go back in the house, he doesn't want to leave the garden with its earthy pleasures: muddy puddles, pebbles and sticks, berries and flowers, bugs and birds.


What did I choose for Eddie? I went for the blue palette.

A blue hooded shirt would be just perfect for the British summer. And Eddie Blue Eyes would look very smart wearing it.

Blue Stripe Tractor t-shirt was Eddie's personal choice. He was sitting on my lap, while I was browsing and pointed to this t-shirt, he loves tractors and all things on the go.

A cute little Flag t-shirt which celebrates the season of Britishness with the Royal Jubilee and the Olympics.

Hoping that this summer we'll have a chance to dip in the sea, and what could be better than a Rescue team Sunsafe 2 piece set?

Turn Up Jeans would match any of the tops above to create a casual but elegant look.

And if the weather is anything like last year we would definitely need something weather-proof like this funky Navy Crocodile Cagoule. When we were in Cornwall last August, I never had a chance to unpack our swimsuits and my guys were wearing coats on the beach. This outfit would keep Eddie snug against the wind and the rain, and we could just enjoy the beach even if the elements are not obliging.

Having two sons, I wouldn't find it difficult to spend £500 of prize money, if I were lucky.
If you enjoy creative competitions, hurry up and enter the Next competition at All Baby Advice blog (link removed as expired).

And just to prove that Eddie is indeed a Next fan, here is another mood board called The Importance of being Eddie, which shows my son wearing different outfits from Next (we are lucky to have Next in town).

No comments:

Post a Comment