Saturday 27 April 2013

The yummiest chocolate face mask

You have probably seen those little sachets with the chocolate mask mix in the beauty shops, some brands cost a small fortune and you cannot be sure there are none of the nasties inside. It is very easy to make your own chocolate-based face mask which will moisturize and nourish your skin.

Chocolate face mask
Ingredients:
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp plain Greek style yogurt
1 tsp oats
Mix all the ingredients together to a thick paste and apply to your face for about 10 minutes. Rinse with the tepid water.

how to make your own chocolate mask


Now the scary part alert: me with a chocolate mask on. Eddie saw me and slowly tiptoed away, just in case, and asked his father: "What happened to Mama?" I had to show him a little bowl and reassured him that I would soon be back to normal.
Confession time: some mix ended up eaten, it tastes so good.




After I rinsed the mask off, my skin feels refreshed and moisturized (and if I say, it feels soft like a newborn's bum, I would mean it as a compliment).
Eddie sighed with relief and uttered "Mama's all nice and clean". Yes, darling.




This post was inspired by my friend Cheryl from Madhouse Family Reviews and her latest post on 30 ways to save money.



Adding my post to the latest  #PoCoLo linky on the lovely blog Verily Victoria Vocalises.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum, I'd be happy with that for dessert, let alone as a face mask ! Thanks for the mention xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fab face mask and pudding in one! how fab :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How yummy scrummy - what a great idea for a face mask! Your skin looks great as well. What did you do with it afterwards? Thanks for linking up to to PoCoLo again :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a few face mask recipes I've been meaning to blog about.I'm going to give them a whirl this week.

    ReplyDelete