Wednesday 5 June 2013

Vanilla Chai from Tea India

When it comes to tea, I have my old favourites which I must have in a permanent supply, but I am also thrilled to discover a new tea which warms the cockles of my heart. I've recently come across a new hot drink from Tea India - Vanilla Chai, and immediately fell in love with it. And it's not just me. My little man Eddie loves it too.
My regular blog readers might remember my review of teas from Tea India posted back in November (A lovely cuppa tea with Tea India). Last time I have tried a different variety of chai, it was Cardamom Chai.

Vanilla chai is very pretty when served in a thermo glass by Ozeri

Tea India says:
"We’ve blended the finest teas with deliciously sweet, comforting spices and natural vanilla flavouring to create our very special Vanilla Chai.
Already winner of a Gold Great Taste award, this delightfully rich and creamy blend has the perfect balance of sweetness and spice.
We’ve combined the traditional spices of cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla, ginger and black pepper to create the perfect blend for an afternoon pick me up or evening indulgence"

I have offered this chai to a few friends, and everyone commented positively.

You might enjoy Vanilla chai with milk or without. Milk makes the drink more mellow, and hides the tingly note of the black pepper which is much more pronounced if you do not add the milk.
The overall taste is a good quality black tea with spices, warm cinnamon, zingy ginger, sweet vanilla, exotic cardamom. All the flavours are balanced really nicely.
I like to add a small teaspoon of honey to my chai.



I was lucky to receive several recipe cards with my tea. One of the recipes was called Spicy Black tea cookies. I loved the recipe but tried it with Vanilla chai instead of the black tea, and they were absolutely delicious, crunchy, buttery and with a lovely spicy twist.

Tea India is going to release the recipes on the Tea India Facebook page over the next few weeks/months. These inspiring recipes were created by talented Ravinder Bhogal for Tea India.
If you'd like to bake the same cookies and discover what other delights you can cook, you'll have to visit Tea India on Facebook.



Just believe me they were appreciated by my guys and friends. I love adding tea to baking, but have never done biscuits with tea before, and was very pleased with the result.




If you haven't yet tried the beautiful range of chais and tea from Tea India, visit Tea India Facebook and request your free samples (search for free Tea India at the top of the page just below the big header).

I have received Vanilla Chai (as well as Black tea) from Tea India for the purposes of reviewing, all opinions are mine.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about Vanilla Chai as a tea (love my Twinings Earl Grey) but the cookies sound a super idea x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not my kind of thing, but my hubby would love this, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete