Saturday 21 February 2015

Photo diary: week 8, 365

February 15: After winning Waterstone's drawing competition, Eddie is very enthusiastic about entering more competitions. I suggested he should do a drawing of Spidey for Sipderman magazine. We do a parallel drawing session. Eddie sits next to me and watches how I draw, and repeats on his own piece of paper, bit by bit, copying. He's good at copying, but otherwise cannot draw free-hand yet.



February 16: I have been busy making a pancake recipe post before Pancake day. This was a kefir pancake with baked apricots, mascarpone and maple syrup, and very tasty it was indeed.



February 17: On Tuesday Eddie had a play date at his friend Nathan's house. We had a lovely lunch together and admired their enormous garden. Eddie enjoyed a ride on Nathan's bike.


February 18: A parcel arrived from Italy with coats for both boys. Eddie of course had to try his duffle coat on. He was in a very giggly mood and I couldn't catch him standing still.



February 19: In the morning I took Sasha to the Guideposts activities at school, he was relaxed and happy to go there. I took a quick snap of my elusive boy. He's almost a teen now, and as tall as me.


February 20: Tasting and testing some chocolate from Chocolat, Chocolat. Of the three customised bars, the dark chocolate one with candied rose petals, violets and gold specks was my favourite, though I would still have preferred a less sweet chocolate. It would have been much better bitter and truly dark.



February 21: A bit of a disaster day. Sasha got very unsettled in the morning and managed to break a window glass in the attic room. Thanks goodness, he didn't hurt himself. Eddie's a poorly boy today, in bed with high temperature, watching his favourite Ninja turtles and toys videos on his ipad. And my husband is travelling to Rome, so I am left on my own to deal with all the disasters.




TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

12 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, hope everything got sorted with the broken window. I love the duffel coat - so old school but fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the window is boarded now, will be mended properly next week.

      Delete
  2. I had a feeling your pancakes would look great - and they do. That Spiderman drawing is fab! #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria! I think the Spidey is pretty good too.

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the broken window, that chocolate looks scrumptious!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you managed to fix the broken window. Love the coat delivery, such a cheeky face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's very cheeky indeed. Cheeky is his middle name. :)

      Delete
  5. Eek to the window but Italy looking lovely apart from that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I hope that the bugs have left your house. Lovely pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Spiderman drawing is brilliant! Sorry to hear about the window, things like that always happen here when my husband is travelling...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope everything is sorted now, that Spiderman drawing is wonderful and your pancake sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete