Saturday 19 September 2015

Photo diary: week 38, 365

I've been trying to cook as many apples as possible from our glut, adding them to a lot of dishes. We all enjoyed an autumnal soup of butternut squash with apples and spices. 



I buy what feels like one zillion magazines for Eddie, encouraging him to read, do the puzzles and enter competitions, especially the drawing ones. Here is his drawing of Thor for the competition to win a Lego set.


We carry Lego people with us everywhere.




Wednesday morning was very sunny, and when I popped in the garden, I spotted some marvellous spider webs outside the kitchen windows. What a splendid piece of engineering, isn't it?!



Thursday was a very busy day. In the morning after taking Eddie to school, I had a meeting with a child psychologist who monitors my older son's issues, and she mentioned the possibility of applying to a new school for autistic children. Then our friend Jen took my Mum and me to the garden centre. I wanted to brighten up my autumn garden with a few flowers, but ended up buying an apple tree, which was reduced from £27.99 to £7.99.
We do have at least four apple trees in the garden, two of which are very old, but not this variety, and I just couldn't resist the bargain. My Mum planted it behind the summer house.
Mum has stayed with us for four weeks, and on Monday it will be time to say Good bye. I am always so sad when she leaves. With all the politics and her health issues, we never know if it is a Good bye or a Farewell.


These beautiful cyclamens have added a splash of red to our garden. I got three different coloured cyclamens in pots.



Today we went to the Lego Church. Yep, you read it right. Though it's not a Lego-worshiping service. We passed by the Lego Church poster a few times in the past week, and Eddie begged me to take him there today. As it happened, this was an event held at the Congregational church, where families were invited for a bit of Lego-building, cakes and singing. Let's say, it was different. Eddie loved it, and wants to go again.


8 comments:

  1. Like the sound of the Lego Church, lovely idea. I hope your Mum enjoyed her visit and it's not too long before you see her again. That cyclamen is a lovely colour #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, I hope we'll see each other again with Mum next summer, but who knows. The cyclamen is striking.

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of the lego chuch, what fun. Hope your mum had a lovely time and you see her again soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lego church was fun, on several accounts. I don't think I am a church-goer material, to start with.

      Delete
  3. We have a lot of apples too, I hadn't thought of adding them to soup, what a good idea. Love the spider web shot too. #Project 365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pinched this idea from Abel & Cole, when they were making soup boxes.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you had a lovely time with your mum during her stay, we have the same thoughts with our parents when we leave the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is always a big worry for me. Living so far apart is not easy.

      Delete