Saturday 26 September 2015

Photo diary: week 39, 365

Last Sunday was infused with sadness, as my Mum was leaving the next day. I said we must do a selfie together, but we both look sad.


The next morning Mum and I got very early on a taxi to Heathrow, so my husband was in charge of the boys getting ready for school. I have prepared all the uniforms and packed the lunch boxes, but was still worried as to how he was going to cope without me.
Now the garden looks so empty without her. I liked this view of the apple through the spider web.


These crocuses are self-planted on the lawn. Once they start to fade, I'll need to dig them out and replant somewhere safer, where nobody will walk over them.


I couldn't resist buying the latest issue of The Lady magazine to read the latest gossip on Downton Abbey.


These last weeks I have been baking lots of apple pies. This is yet another apple pie, with rhubarb, and crumble on top.


Yesterday I cooked some tasty kedgeree nests, so a lot of my photos were of that dish. If you want to see what they look like, just follow the link above. For Friday I'm posting a photo which I didn't know I even took, while walking in the morning from school. I was surprised to find it on my mobile. I don't usually even check my mobile when outside, but I must have looked at the time (I don't wear a watch), and somehow accidentally took this photo.


As my husband is in Italy until tomorrow, we didn't go out today and stayed at home. Eddie was busy playing with his Lego.


10 comments:

  1. i hope you had a lovely tim with your mum, the goodbyes are very hard (hugs) I love the crocus and I have to wait a while before i can watch Downton Abbey here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, goodbyes are never easy, as you know only too well, saying good byes to your family members before going to Dubai.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos! So sorry your mum had to leave....I hope she is back soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she usually comes here once a year. It's a long way for her to travel, and also expensive.

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures, always hard saying goodbye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon! Fingers crossed, I'll see her next summer.

      Delete
  4. Saying goodbye to family is always tough isn't it. Can't beat a bit of Lego building can you #365

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( to your mum having to leave - goodbyes are always hard. Love the look of your pie and the rhubarb and crumble topping sounds very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the crumble was a deviation from a usual lattice on the pie, but it worked well

      Delete