Sunday 18 October 2015

Darth Vader Silhouette 1098 piece puzzle from Ravensburger



It is not easy to admit defeat, but after many days of trying to solve Darth Vader Silhouette 1098 piece jigsaw puzzle from Ravensburger, I am embarrassed to say I haven't completed even a half so far. I find it totally fiendish.
I enjoy big jigsaw puzzles, and hope I will finish this one sooner or later, but at the moment it lies on a big board under the table where I work on my laptop. I do one or two pieces a day, and this slow pace is driving my crazy.



The puzzle itself is huge. I have worked with 1000-pieces puzzles before, and being the regular rectangular-shaped puzzles they fit easier on the table or board. Darth Vader's silhouette is bigger in height, as it is an irregular shape of the fierce Jedi Knight seduced by the Dark force.
The puzzle itself is a work of art. It depicts all the famous Star Wars characters on it.
It is cut into 1098 pieces. The extra challenge is that you don't know at first which puzzle pieces should go as the frame of the silhouette or the mini-silhouettes inside the main body of the puzzle. It is really tricky. There are several mini-Darth Vaders throughout the jigsaw.




I hope when my friend Jen is back from her trip to Austria, she'll come to my rescue and help with the puzzle. She is very good at puzzles.
Then as suggested on Ravensburger website, you can glue the puzzle using Ravensburger Puzzle Conserver and hang as a room decoration. That's what Eddie wants in his bedroom. Not sure I'd want to wake up and see Darth Vader first thing in the morning staring at me.

That's what the end result should look like, and what I hope to do one day. Image credits: Ravensburger


This puzzle will make a super gift for any Star Wars fan as well as a jigsaw puzzle lover. Christmas is coming soon, and you might consider it was a great stocking filler.


Disclosure: I received the puzzle for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions are mine.

3 comments:

  1. I've just reviewed their London silhouette puzzle and found that really challenging too - I'm very impressed that you started with the edges. I started from the middle and worked outwards !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl! I always tend to go from the frame inside rather than build from the middle, seems easier that way

      Delete
  2. Just finished this beauty a few days before...the satisfaction after the job is done is pure bliss...

    ReplyDelete