Saturday 28 April 2018

Photo diary: week 17, project 365

It seems the weather can't decide what it wants to be. It was a funny week, with rain most days, but also very bright sunny spells, all changing rapidly in a matter of a few hours, from rain to sun back to rain.
The previous Friday and Saturday were so hot that Eddie asked me to buy him shorts for school. We bought them on Sunday, and jinxed it. It's been raining every day since Monday, so shorts remain untouched.
On Sunday Eddie and I popped into the local Gregg's. They already know us quite well, and reach for the sausage roll before I even open my mouth to place an order. So, here is our obligatory sausage roll photo of the week. I thought you might have missed one of them last week.


There are days when I take zillions of photos, and there are days when I hardly take any. Last Monday I only did photos of the Ravensburger What IF? puzzle for the review which is coming shortly. Rather than post a photo of the puzzle, I'm going to cheat and do two photos from Tuesday.
My friend Jen took me to two garden centres by car. We went to Bampton only to discover all the tomato grobags were sold out, and later we went to the Burford garden centre, where I got the grobags and tomato plants.
I love this beautiful statue in the garden, surrounded by magnolia bloom.

garden sculpture

Meanwhile, my own garden is full of tulips, mostly red, but there are a couple of white ones too.

spring flowers

Teddy Bears of Witney shop always does topical window displays, like this one, celebrating the forthcoming Royal wedding.


On Thursday morning my husband and I visited the local vegan cafe for a cup of coffee and a slice of cake. The cake looked better than it tasted, it was what I would call joy-free, rather dry and disappointing.


RAF Brize Norton is not that far from us, and you often see airplanes flying pretty low over our town.


Today Eddie and I had to do a lot of shopping, including buying new trainers for him at Clarks, as his current trainers got too small for him. £40 for child's trainers seems a total racket. We walked through the fields into town, it was empty, I was singing Walking like an Egyptian to Eddie and showing him the moves. He looked around, just in case someone might see his embarrassing Mum, but copied me.


18 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Eddie walking like an Egyptian, and I always like the weekly sausage roll photo! My husband is a regular at a lot of coffee shops and they always get his order as soon as they see him (and very rarely charge him for his coffee!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Free coffee sounds pretty good! :)

      Delete
  2. I love Eddie's Egyptian pose! You must be an excellent teacher!Oh no nothing worse than good looking tasteless cake. Give me yummy ugly food any day! #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fee! The cake was disappointing. Agree with you on ugly tasty food.

      Delete
  3. Oh no! We have had a little rain but it's mostly been dry up here.
    Aww! I love window displays like that. We have a shop in town that does things like this.
    Oh no! That's a shame about the cake. It does look really tasty.
    hehehe! I love that last photo. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! You were lucky with weather last week.

      Delete
  4. Love his Egyptian pose! #365

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eddie looks like he's enjoying the time with you, walking like an Egyptian. We're not getting any coverage here of the Royal Wedding and had little on the birth. i feel disconnected from UK events, living over seas. I also miss things like sausage rolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he enjoys my company as much as I enjoy his. Soon he'll grow up and won't want to spend time with me.

      Delete
  6. Lol, love the walk like an egyptian. That would also be me and N!

    I do love a Greggs sausage roll, they are the best ones I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emma! Eddie thinks I'm an embarrassing Mum.

      Delete
  7. I need to get my son new trainers (which he only wears for PE at school) and some casual shoes, I dread to think what I'll have to pay. Love that statue and your tulips #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! It's ridiculous how much children's footwear costs.

      Delete
  8. It is a lovely statue - I'd like something like that for my garden although I suspect it's got a big pricetag. Pity about the cake, but the sausage roll sounds like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erica! The statue is very pricey, but then everything is in Burford garden centre. :)

      Delete
  9. Love how they get to the stage you can embarrass them.
    We see a lot of military planes here as they use Prestwick for their mock battles and war game exercises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine! Yep, we are now at the stage when parents can be an embarrassment.

      Delete
  10. Such a shame about the cake! I hate it when food tastes 'worthy' and steals the enjoyment #project365

    ReplyDelete