Monday 15 October 2012

Pure goodness of Oy! (review)

The arrival of Oy! foaming clear skin face wash couldn't have been timed better. My 10-year-old son, whose face skin is usually enviously clear and unblemished, showed the signs of the first spots. My heart sank, are we getting in the "teenager zone" already?




I liked the sound of Oy! foaming clear skin face wash - 100% certified product made with 93.8% certified organically grown ingredients.

What Green People say about their product:

ORGANIC GREEN TEA, WILLOW BARK, WITCH HAZEL, SAGE & TEA TREE
Thoroughly cleanse your pores with this daily antibacterial face wash for guys and dolls
Promotes a blemish-free complexion - knocks the spots off the rest! Anti-acne formula.
  • Contains Willow Bark to reduce inflammation and kill bacteria
  • Tea Tree extract provides an antibacterial element to help control bacteria on the skin
  • Contains Witch Hazel to tone the skin and Green Tea to provide antioxidants
  • Suitable for all skin types, even acne-prone skin
Free from gunk! You won't find any SLS/SLES, alcohol (ethyl alcohol, ethanol), Parabens, phthalates or artificial fragrances in this natural face wash.

What we thought of it?
I first tried it myself, though at my respectable over-40 age, I am hardly a teenager. But Mum is always a guinea-pig here, I needed to know if it foams well, if the skin is feeling tight after the use etc etc. The foam is very light and soft, the skin feels very refreshed when you rinse your face after the use. It also felt softer. It gives you a feeling of being awake.
Willow bark is a natural alternative to salicylic acid that I used when I was a teenager to combat the spots.
The product has a lovely smell.
Green tea soothes the skin and helps to maintain a healthy clear complexion.
My son Sasha has been using it for about a month, and so far I haven't noticed any more spots, his skin looks clear and blemish-free.
So, as far as the product works, no complaints.

Though as this product is targeted for the young market, I think the design of the box could be a bit jazzier. Also I am not an expert on the teenagers' language, but somehow the expression "guys and dolls" on the box feels a tad old-fashioned, like an old Uncle trying to move along with the times but not getting it right.
Apart from this minor criticism, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product.






No comments:

Post a Comment