Friday 1 March 2013

Delicious gifts for Mother's Day

Are you thinking hard what to give your Mum for Mother's day? Are you stuck for ideas? Do you want to involve children and surprise your partner with a homemade gift? GoodToKnow Recipes is a great source of ideas.
This time they have put together 17 new ideas for Mother's Day including an ingenius twist on a bed in breakfast - not just any boring egg and soldiers but a Creme Egg with soldiers-shaped biccies dipped in chocolate, a dream come true for any chocoholic Mum.
They will teach you how to bake a biscuit card.
Or bake a set of jewellery for your Mum, if you can't afford any gems.
For this and other ideas please visit 17 New Ideas for Mother's Day biscuits page.



My regular blog readers know of my love of cooking challenges and competitions. As many of you love them as well, I'd like to bring your attention to the lovely new competition celebrating Mums.

 Do you have a family recipe that your Mum has passed down to you that is simply delicious?
"To celebrate Mother's Day we're giving away two £100 Champney's Spa Gift vouchers so 2 lucky winners can treat their mums. Each winner will also receive a Nelsons Pure & Clear skincare set worth £30. All you have to do is send us a classic recipe passed down from your mum"
For the full terms and conditions of the competition and how to enter please read about the promotion on Good to Know competition page Send your mum's best dish and win (link removed as expired)!
And good luck!

You might remember that I have posted about the Pancakes My Way competition. Now that the winners have been selected, are you one of them? Big well done to all winners!




Now I need to put my thinking cap on, as I would love to take part in the current recipe competition. My Mum is a good cook, and I have certainly learnt a trick or two from her. Her strawberry jam is truly the best in the world.
I love her pirozhki, and every time she comes to visit, I ask her to make a batch for me. I made this batch, inspired by my Mum.





Mum's great when it comes to comfort food, there's another family favourite that she taught me how to do: cutlets with mashed potato.






Choices, choices. Share your recipe and celebrate Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment