Sunday 12 May 2013

Ozeri Pronto Digital Kitchen Scales

When it comes to cooking, I don't usually measure the ingredients, and that's why when I post my recipes, I often mention a dash of, a pinch of or a handful of. That applies to almost everything but cakes. With cakes, I prefer to know the exact amount of ingredients as I have learnt that approximate measures could lead to a potential cooking disaster. My old kitchen scales has always been a temperamental beast, working perfectly well one day and refusing to co-operate the next one. Thus I was very happy to test a new kitchen appliance from Ozeri - Pronto Digital Kitchen Scales.




Specifications (as described by Ozeri):
- Accurate, easy to use digital kitchen scale weighs up 11 lbs (1-5kg)
- Features 2 large buttons that generate audible click confirmation
- Precision Tare Button calculates the net weight of the ingredients
- Automatic Unit Button instantly converts from ounces to grams and pounds to milliliters
- Large screen features a bright LCD with wide viewing angle for the on-the-go cook
oversized weighing platform finished in elegant chrome
- 2-minute automatic power-off preserves battery life
compact design stores easily and is easy to clean
- Runs on 2 AAA batteries (included) with an easy-access battery compartment (no screwdriver needed)



What did I think of my new kitchen gadget?
I liked its compact form, it doesn't take much space in the kitchen, which is very important to me. It came with the batteries, which is very thoughtful and convenient.
The performance was faultless, the screen is easy to read, and it is very easy to clean as well (a big bonus, as   my baking sessions are a bit of a flour-flying-everywhere session.
A lovely kitchen gadget.

Here is the last week's cake, with ingredients measured by Ozeri Pronto Digital Kitchen Scales.




And a happy customer, enjoying a slice of cake.



P.S. I received the kitchen scales for the purposes of reviewing. All opinions are mine.

3 comments:

  1. I've just got some Ozeri kitchen scales but a different model to yours and I agree with theeasy to read screen.

    I love that cake! You make so many yummy looking things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jane! I bet that baking lark contributes to the "pinch an inch or more" around my waist. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to see more on those quirky and unusual mugs. They make great prezzies and I'm proud of my own cup.

    ReplyDelete