Thursday 29 May 2014

Camomile and chocolate cookies

My little man had a play date today with two of his nursery mates. As the energetic twins and their Mum were coming after 11am, we arranged to have a simple lunch together. Originally we planned to have a picnic, but as it has been raining for days, the garden is way too wet, even if today we got some really warm weather. I made some baked potatoes with a choice of fillings, and of course, we needed something sweet to finish the meal. Cookies are great for sharing, easy to eat and as easy to make.



Camomile and chocolate cookies (makes 24)
Ingredients:
1 banana, ripe
130g caster sugar
1 camomile teabag
1 medium egg
170g self-raising flour
1/2tsp cinnamon
1tsp vanilla essence
100g butter, melted
70g milk chocolate, chopped

Mash one very ripe banana with a fork in a deep bowl, mix with the caster sugar and the contents of one camomile teabag. Add 1 egg, flour, spices and melted butter and mix well. Chop the chocolate and add to the cookie dough.
Spoon the cookie dough on an oiled tray, with some space in between for them to expand, or if you want them neat and more or less the same size, butter the cupcake tin and spoon the mix.
Place the tray or tin in an oven preheated to 180C. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.



These are rather spongy cookies, soft and with a nice balance of flavours. Eddie ate three cookies in one go, and I had to hide them so that we could have some left for today's playdate.


12 comments:

  1. What an unusual combination of flavours. I'd be intrigued to try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it was a wishful thinking on my part that camomile would calm my mini-tornado.

      Delete
    2. Take it that it doesn't calm kids down then?. Aww haha. Would love to try this as my daughter loves making 'bic-bics' with her nursery friend when they come to play. Would be lovely to make soemthing a little different.

      Delete
    3. lol, Laura, not, the boys were a bit fiendish, if you ask me. Let me know if you try this recipe what you thought of it.

      Delete
  2. these sound lovely thanks for the unusual recipe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of using chamomile in biscuits before - they sound delicious!

    Hazel Rea - @beachrambler

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second that anon, I've never heard of using chamomile in biscuits but I'm definitely going to try making these. Ellie @prettyplease26

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to try this mysels. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have never heard of chamomile in biscuits, sounds fab I'll have to try this, I now have an excuse to eat a plate full of biscuits before bed to relax me haha ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought about camomile that way before....wow

    ReplyDelete
  8. These Camomile and Chocolate cookies look and sound great, what a great combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mark Chamberlin30 June 2014 at 22:22

    These look lovely!

    ReplyDelete