Saturday 24 January 2015

Photo diary week 4 (project 365)

Sunday 18/01
"Mummy, guess how much I love you?" We love playing this game. "I love you all the way to Oxford, all the way to London, all the way to Italy, all the way to Russia, all the way to China... and back" For some reason Eddie thinks the Moon is closer because we can see it, yet we cannot see Oxford from our house, hence Oxford is further.



Monday 19/01
I really need to declutter my kitchen, and am slowly going through my endless tea stash. I think I have enough to last a couple of years for sure, probably even more. But I can never resist an appeal of a new tea. I enjoyed a cup of Mao Feng green tea from Dragonfly teas, it was light, delicate and refreshing.



Tuesday 20/01
On Tuesday I do my library shift at Eddie's school. I take the class in groups to the library, collect the books they return and issue new books, keeping the records of the issued books and returns. I have an hour to kill before 10am, so I usually either walk around the shops, or treat myself to a latte. Last Tuesday I was in The Coffeesmith. The latte was OK-ish, pretty but not the best one in town.



Wednesday 21/01
I bought a big tub of curd cheese on offer, and fancied baking some curd cheese cookies with jam and marmalade.



Thursday 22
Loved the sight of this Antiques shop with all the mini-bits and bobs inside. If I were a collector of doll's houses, I'd be very tempted. I always wanted to have one when I was a child.

Friday 23: Poorly little man and I stayed at home today. To keep him entertained, we did a mini-picnic, with fish fingers, scrambled eggs, sweetcorn, and tea afterwards. Well, Eddie had a juice, he doesn't actually drink hot tea. But the Tiger who came to tea does, doesn't he?! I tried the Gingerbread tea from Adagio teas today. They sent me a box of Happy Holidays tins before Christmas as a lovely gift.



Saturday 24/01
I've been trying to catch a bird on the bird feeder with my camera, but every time I open the back door ever so quietly and slowly, the smart birdies fly away. I poked my nose in the garden to see if there are any flowers, and yes, I found a few of the first snowdrops, my favourite spring flowers. And I was surprised to see the black hellebore bud under the plum tree, as I didn't expect it yet.




TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

18 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the dolls house, I would have loved one as a child. I adore Eddie's idea of distance - wonderful #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! Children say wonderful things.

      Delete
  2. We have 'I love you to the moon and back and round and round the universe a hundred billion times' etc etc! I'm a tea fan too - my latest favourite is Gingerbread Green tea from Twinings - I'm weaning myself off caffeine and sugar types! Love the little tiger and hope your little man is feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that tea from Twinings yet. I tried Salted caramel, thought I'd love it, but it wasn't to my liking. The little man is a bit better, though still very snotty.

      Delete
  3. There used to be an amazing dolls house in Covent Garden that we would always visit. My mum always wanted one. I totally get your sons logic about the moon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, his logic is quite persuasive. I'd love to see the dolls' houses in Covent Garden. sigh

      Delete
  4. Wow, that looks like some real spring colour in your garden. It looks like you really love your teas! Helping out in the school library sounds like run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I do love my tea, lol. A bit too much, it's my addiction. I enjoy being a school volunteer, it brings back memories of working at school.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful flowers in that last photo. I love the sound of the curd cheese cookies and that spiderman dressing gown is fab! #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eddie is very fond of his Spidey gown, it is super soft and comfy.

      Delete
  6. I love tea too and I adore your cups and saucers! The flowers are gorgeous, we love hellebores x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsty! I am always hunting for cups and saucers and any pretty china in charity/vintage shops.

      Delete
  7. Some yummy looking food and I love your son's theory about distance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos! Those cookies look and sound amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The latte does look pretty, shame it wasn't the best to drink.Cookies sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete