Saturday 25 June 2016

Alvin and the Chipmunks: the Road Chip

- Eddie, not so loud please!
- But Mummy, I love the music!

ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: THE ROAD CHIP IS OUT NOW ON DIGITAL HD,
BLU-RAY AND DVD

Our chipmunks' movies collection has just been expanded by the latest installment called Alvin and the Chipmunks: the Road Chip (Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment).



The chipmunks are back with a vengeance. These mini pop-stars hit the road and make your head spin.
The blurb promises: "Alvin, Simon and Theodore race to Miami on a wild road trip, but their jaunt takes a nutty detour, leading to hilarious hijinks and music-packed adventures across the country".
The mischievous chipmunks whom my son calls cheek-munks are in trouble. Their father-figure Dave has got a new girlfriend Samantha. Not only that, Samantha has a teenager son Miles who hates the little rodents.
The trio suspect that the proposal is in the wings when they find an engagement ring packed in the bags for the trip. There is only one thing they could do - to ruin the matrimonial plans and save themselves from the unwelcome addition to the family.

What did we think about the film? Eddie loved it, but then again, he enjoyed all the previous chipmunks' adventures.

As for my opinion, let's just say, I have never been a fan of any of the Chipmunks films, I find the voices and songs very irritating. These silly little creatures grate on my nerves. Though I'm obviously not in the age group of those who appreciate the series.
While I find all the fart-poop jokes tedious and annoying, Eddie thinks they're ever so funny.



I cannot say that I watched the whole film with him, alas, it was too much for me to endure, but I was staying in the same room most of the time, glancing at the screen from time to time, and thinking to myself: just what the heck did I see and hear? It could be just me, but I don't find chipmunks' "sexy" comments about scantily clad girls appropriate for a children's film. I thought they were supposed to be kids, not diminutive sized adults with a one brain cell.

There are two discs in the set, including the Ultimate Playlist featuring the best songs from all the Alvin and the Chipmunks movies.
I haven't told Eddie that the second disc is all music (when he asked what was there, I said it's a documentary on how they made the film). Shall I come clean and let him enjoy the songs? Then I'll have to hide in the garden, away from the squeaky little terrors.

Do your kids love Alvin and the Chipmunks? Have you seen the Road Chip?


Alvin and the Chipmunks display in the local Sainsbury's



1 comment:

  1. Excellent review. Very honest, very interesting and I suspect my little boy would love it. Thank you Galina xxx

    ReplyDelete